Bennu Kodi video addon replaced Phoenix Reborn, one of the most well-known third-party Kodi addons ever after Phoenix shut down. It was a sad day when the Phoenix addon was discontinued because Phoenix’s inclusion on the Firestick appeared vital.
Fortunately, some things are not intended to pass away, and the Phoenix Kodi add-on was reborn as Bennu, much like the mythical Phoenix that rose from the ashes to bring forth new life.
In our guide, you can learn more about how to install Bennu Kodi addon in our guide. By the end, you’ll know more about what the third-party Kodi addon offers, what problems you can face and how to protect yourself using the Bennu add-on and a Kodi VPN. (Learn How To Watch Hindi Movies On Kodi)
What Is Bennu Kodi Addon?
Only a few months into its world on Kodi, the Bennu add-on has already gathered a sizeable following. It has thousands of sources, giving users access to a vast media collection.
The Pheonix addon left after numerous legal disputes, but Bennu swiftly took its place as a logical replacement. With the Bennu Kodi addon, you may view a variety of live streams, on-demand movies, and TV shows.
Some prime selections include:
- Bennu Kids,
- Bennu Live,
- Dr. Stream,
- Taurus, Adult Zone,
- Movie Sites Parental Controls,
- Movie Site, and TV Shows.
It’s simple to download using the UI because Bennu’s central menu system includes a download area.
While Bennu may not perform because of the occasional speed slowdown, the Bennu Kodi add-on is worth using as one of the top recent add-on selections that still work.
How to Install Bennu Kodi Addon?
The installation of this third-party add-on can be done using various repositories.
However, the primary installation method involves using the Colossus, Bennu Repo, or Ares wizard.
Here are all the steps you need to complete the installation process.
Prepare Kodi to Accept Video Addons
Since the Kodi foundation by default disables the setting, you need to enable it as one of the essential Kodi tips to enhance your Kodi experience.
All the Kodi community does such a thing, and you also need to be aware of the dangers associated with using unofficial add-ons rather than just using official add-ons.
It is a one-time task, so you can dive right in and install Bennu on Kodi if you have done it before. (Learn How To Use Phoenix On Kodi)
Enable Unknown Sources
- Open Kodi Home Screen
- Select Addons
- Select the system settings icon
- Select Addons and click Unknown Sources
- Toggle unknown sources to on (Yes to enable)
- Navigate to the Home Screen
- Select Settings then File Manager and Add source
- Select the Settings icon on the top left side of your screen
Steps to install Bennu on Kodi
- Launch your Kodi App.
- Click on the Gear icon on the main screen to open settings.
- Select the System menu option.
- Open the File Manager.
- In the File Manager window, click the Add Source option from the list to the left side.
- Select “None,” and a new window will open.
- Enter the following URL exactly: http://ares-repo.eu.
- Click on Ok.
- Underneath, name the source. “Bennu”
- Navigate to your Kodi home screen.
- Click your Add-ons – Package Installer icon.
- Select Install from zip file and click on the name you gave.
- Following the installation of the file, tap the backspace key and select Install from the repository.
- Select Add-on Repository – Colossus Repository.
- Click the Install button.
- After installation, head to your home screen.
- Select Video Add-ons and select your Bennu addon and click Install.
That’s all you need for how to install Bennu Kodi addon. You can now enjoy what the rest of the Kodi community are by using the replacement of the new Phoenix addon.
Alternative Bennu Kodi Add-on Installation
You might need the repo URL if you’ve previously installed Kodi add-ons on your Firestick to locate the proper location.
The Colossus repository, a location of the Ares repository (http://ares-repo.eu), is where you may get the Bennu Kodi add-on.
The SuperRepo repository at http://srp.nu provides access to the Ares and Colossus repositories. (Learn How To Get Ccloud On Kodi)
How To Install Kodi Ares Wizard?
1. Ares Repo Source
- Select the gear icon to the top left to enter settings.
- Navigate to the File Manager.
- Select Add Source.
- Select None to add a media source.
- Enter this Ares project URL exactly: http://ares-repo.eu.
- Hit OK.
- Name the source Ares Repo and click on OK.
- Tap on OK once more.
2. Install Ares Repository
- Navigate to Kodi’s Main Menu
- Head to the Add-ons menu selection
- Open your Add-on browser (open box icon) to the top left
- Select Install from zip file
- Select Ares Repo
- Open repository.aresproject-x.x.x.zip
- Select Install from Ares zip file
- Wait for the Add-on installed pop-up notification
Now you have the Ares Repo to access many types of videos and other streaming content.
However, there is more. Here you can see how to install the Colossus repository.
You’ll find the Colossus repo has a permanent home inside the Ares Project repo.
If you follow the steps above, you’ll already be in the Add-on browser.
Install Colossus Repo
- Select Install from repository
- Navigate to the Ares Project repo
- Enter the Add-on repo
- Select Colossus Repository
- Select Install in the bottom right.
- If you see the “Select Version” dialog box, choose the home repo, Ares Project, and you’ll maintain the latest updates. In addition, the colossus repo will be installed.
When you install Bennu addon, you’ll have access to a vast collection of information, this add-on isn’t without its challenges. Because of legal action concerns over live TV and other illegal content, the wildly popular Phoenix Kodi video add-on was taken off the market.
It’s probable that the Bennu Kodi add-on will follow suit as its fan base continues to expand and that the link will be blocked. (Learn How To Install ExpressVPN On Kodi)
Here is another alternative on how to install Bennu addon.
- Open Kodi
- Head to system settings and open File Manager
- Select Add Source
- Select None
- Enter this repo URL exactly: https://dimitrology.com/repo
- Select Done
- In the box underneath, name the media source
- Navigate to your Kodi Home Screen
- Select “System” inside the Kodi settings
- Select video Add-Ons
- Select Install from zip file option
- Select Dimitrology and then choose repository.Colossus-xxx.zip
- Wait for the repo-enabled notification box to show
- Select Install from repository
- Select Colossus repository
- Select Video add-ons
- Now select Bennu
- Click on Install Bennu addon
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification box to show
Why Use Bennu Kodi Addon?
Most of you probably know Phoenix as the bird that emerged from the ashes. Similarly, Beenu has symbolic connotations. In addition to this, there are numerous other ways in which the two are connected. One of them is the exciting names they have. Is it not?
Bennu has just recently joined the Kodi world, but already it has amassed a sizable fan base. It includes thousands of sources, allowing its users access to a vast media collection. Bennu has quickly established itself as the Pheonix addon’s genuine predecessor after battling through multiple legal challenges and packing its bags.
You may access a variety of live streams and on-demand movies and TV episodes with the Bennu Kodi addon.
It offers selections like Excalibur, Alecto, Dr. Stream, Taurus, Adult Zone, Movie Sites, Parental Controls, and TV Shows.
The presence of the download area in the main Bennu menu makes it simple to download through the interface.
Although Bennu may not perform as well as its competitors, you can visit the site frequently to discover hidden gems.
You Need a Kodi VPN For Bennu Live Content and Movie Streams
Despite the massive library of content available on Bennu, the third-party add-on creates a serious security concern. Most of the stuff it hosts are pirated streams, and just a tiny part of what it offers is legal.
The Phoenix add-on was removed to prevent legal action due to pirated streams they scraped from the internet.
Compared to Kodi addons found in the official Kodi repository, Bennu is more susceptible to malicious add-ons because it is a third-party add-on.
Any Kodi user must use a VPN to view content securely.
The top few VPN companies include native apps for Mac, Android, iOS, and Windows, among other platforms. In addition, they deliver fast streaming speeds for any addons used, unlike some inferior VPNs that experience performance slowdowns.
To stay safe, avoid a significant security risk, and bypass Kodi addon restrictions, it is advisable to use a VPN when streaming live TV to your mobile device or Android TV.
You no longer need to be concerned about your ISP or Google tracking your online activity if you install Bennu addon, and using a top VPN means you won’t face a speed slowdown when streaming from Kodi add-ons or playing crypto games.