YouTube videos account can help a company show off their products and video recording skills to other people on the web.
However, you can be a new content creator, like so many others out there today. You may find times you want to keep your private videos out of site, or you want to have a select few people able to access your content.
There are several options to choose from when you upload your videos on YouTube, and to some extent, help maintain a certain level of security regarding who is going to see your content when you make it private or not.
So instead of uploading a video seen by anyone, you can easily modify your privacy settings to have a private video or unlisted YouTube video. (Read 5 Best YouTube to mp3 Converter)
The question is how to make your YouTube channel private and who to share the video with?
Here you’ll learn everything you need to know about creating a private YouTube channel and the differences between private and unlisted videos.
Differences Between Private, Unlisted, and Public Videos
Before you even begin uploading any video to YouTube, it is good to know the difference between videos private and unlisted and a public video.
By understanding the difference between these, you’ll know what to look for in the settings when you come to begin uploading business videos.
Public is the default for each video, and everybody can view it as long as you agree. It is available in Google search results so that anyone can search for it.
Public videos present some advantages:
- Creating video can be profitable for your business, provided you have the right company or strategy.
- You can be the next YouTube superstar
- High subscription numbers are great for business as they can help attract more customers.
- It can also help you build effective brand awareness across all your other social media.
However, there can be some disadvantages
- Nearly all YouTube channels attract trolls
- Potential job prospects can be compromised if videos are of the wrong type of content
- Deleting your video doesn’t mean they can’t be found in other areas
If you set your video to be unlisted on YouTube, it is the halfway point between private and public.
- Any unlisted videos of yours do not appear in search results, in subscriber feeds, suggestions, or user video tabs.
- But for unlisted videos, any user can view and share your video if they have a link for the original video.
If you make videos private on your YouTube video, this is the most secure type of video you can have.
- Any private YouTube video may only be viewed by a maximum of 50 people in total. Furthermore, these are the people with whom you want to share your video by invitation.
- A private video is not displayed in the video recommendations, search results, and on the Video tab for uploading.
- Besides, anyone you invite will be unable to share your video’s link with anyone else.
- Therefore, even if a person has a link to your private YouTube video, they will still not be able to watch the video until you invite them to view it.
Building a Private YouTube Channel
Create a Business Account
The first step for building your YouTube channel is to set up a YouTube account.
Anyone with a Google email account can do this from their existing Google account. You can also do this without an account with Google and Gmail. Here you can see both ways how to set up a YouTube channel. (Learn How to Delete Gmail Forever)
With Existing Google Account:
- Head to YouTube.com and log in to your existing Google account.
- Click the three-line menu icon to the top left corner
- Open your navigation menu panel to the left of the screen
- Select ‘Settings’ in the menu
- Select ‘Create a new channel,’ This opens the Brand Account screen
- Change the name of the channel to reflect your business or content.
If you don’t have a Google account, making it takes a few minutes to set up a free account.
- Head to YouTube.com site home page.
- Rather than logging in, select ‘Create Account’
- Follow the prompts, then enter any requested information
- Once you have created a Google account, you are taken to the main YouTube home page. Follow the same steps for users with an existing Google account.
- Head to the navigation panel, click ‘Settings,’ choose ‘Create a new channel’
- Change your channel name and open a Brand Account.
Privatizing YouTube Channel
When you set your YouTube channel private, it means making just the people you invite to view content. Companies can set their videos to both public and private videos.
- Once you sign in to your YouTube account, click the channel name you wish to make private.
- Inside the channel settings page, under privacy, you can see an option to make a YouTube video private. Check this box and save the changes.
- Channel videos are now private unless you head back into the settings and change the setting to public. You can also see ‘unlisted video’ in the same settings.
- To invite clients or anyone to view a private video.
- Capture the URL for the video
- Share the link via email or text message.
- Without this URL, no one can show the private video to anyone else.
- To capture a viewable URL, which anyone invited can view. Click “Share” under the video, then copy the URL which is displayed.
One of the main things you need to do when you make a YouTube private, or unlisted YouTube videos is to be sure you upload videos without anyone able to open them online.
Using a VPN is the best way to get to upload video online using military-grade encryption for full privacy. Using this method, you are certain no one will get to watch your video online or see any of your information on the web before it reaches the YouTube servers.