Did you buy a Kodi streaming box but can’t find out how to watch TV on it? Well, your confusion will end in the next few minutes.
Here, in this article, I will show you how to get TV on Kodi. Kodi is a media streaming software that supports many devices, including gaming consoles, Firestick and Android TV boxes.
But the power of Kodi lies in the enormous amount of add-ons available for it. Add-ons are a piece of software made for Kodi to customise it and make it more useful.
There are add-ons to change the theme, the Kodi menu bar and adding extra system functions. But there also are some addons that bring streaming services to your Kodi TV box, a lot of TV channels and streaming services.
And one of the oldest and the best Kodi addons for TV is the cCloud TV Kodi addon.
Features of the cCloud TV for Kodi
With the cCloud Kodi addon, you can watch many UK TV channels and those in the US. It brings live streaming of your favourite TV shows and movies in high quality, and that too for free. cCloud TV channels list includes ABC, NBC, Discovery, Sky, HBO and ESPN, among thousand of others.
The channels are divided into categories, and you can also find a host of on-demand movies and TV shows on cCloud TV.
Then, there are documentaries, music and radio streams too. This Kodi TV addon sources content from the cCloud TV website. And when you install the addon, you can watch everything available there on your Kodi device. (Read Watch Cartoon Line)
How to get cCloud on Kodi?
The cCloud TV addon is a third-party Kodi addon, and installing it involves some extra steps. While official Kodi addons are available in the in-built Kodi repo, you have to install the cCloud repo to download cCloud TV.
And for third-party addons like cCloud TV download, you have to enable installation from unknown sources. The installation process is as easy as 1, 2, 3… and here are the steps –
- Go to the System menu in your Kodi software.
- Go to the Settings and reach the “Unknown Sources” option.
- The option is either in the Developer settings page or the Add-ons settings.
- Switch ON the toggle button beside it.
- You will get a warning message windows that ask for your confirmation. Confirm it.
Well, the first part of the cCloud TV installation is over, and you have allowed unofficial sources to make changes to your Kodi software. (Read Cyberghost VPN Review)
Time to check the second part of the installation process. We will now download and install the cCloud repo, which is currently, Kodil. Follow these steps –
- Download the Kodil repo from http://kdil.co/repo/.
- Open the link in your web browser and download the zip file to your device.
- When the download is complete, open Kodi and go to the Add-ons manager.
- Select the option – the open box icon – to proceed with the installation.
- Choose “Install from zipping” and choose the Kodil zip file you downloaded.
- Wait, and you will see the successful installation message pop up on your screen.
The Kodil repo is installed in Kodi, and you can now install the cCloud add-on. Here are the final steps of the process –
- Go to the add-on installation menu again, but this time, choose “Install from repository”.
- Select Kodil repository >> Video add-ons >> cCloud TV.
- The next window will show a description of the add-on and the option to “Install”.
- Install it, and again a message will pop up when the installation is successful.
You can now watch live TV channels with Kodi as much as you want without paying subscription charges. The streams, since free, come from unlawful pirated sources. Therefore, to escape any legal notice, you should also install the best VPN for Kodi.
How to install Kodi VPN?
It would help if you had a VPN with Kodi to keep your streaming activity hidden. VPNs encrypt the device’s data transfers and route them through secure servers. In this way, the ISPs can’t keep an eye on your internet usage.
ExpressVPN is a VPN service provider with many secure servers around the world. And the software is available for many devices, including smart TVs and set-top boxes.
You can check our ExpressVPN review to know the features and the installation process in detail. Another service provider is CyberGhost.
Their service is available for free (with limitations), but the CyberGhost VPN download is available for popular streaming devices.
Another benefit of VPN, apart from encryption, is bypassing geo-restrictions. You will need the VPN service running to watch most of the UK and the US TV channels.
These channels are available only in their respective countries, and a VPN lets you access them.