Whenever there is breaking news, it immediately hits all social networking platforms. One of the fastest to respond to anything is Twitter.
Within a second or two, whatever is Tweeted can be seen by anyone around the globe.
The Twitter app makes it easy for individuals to contact each other, no matter if they know each other, or if they are strangers BUT more and more people are choosing to delete twitter account.
This feature makes twitter a fantastic way for social interaction, but after a while, it can become a burden when you are bombarded with responses to Tweets, or someone is trying to strike up a conversation.
Everyone has reasons why they want to move away from Twitter. Here we will look at how you can deactivate your account to be sure you can live without it. We will also see how to delete Twitter account permanently.
Once you have deactivated your Twitter account, there is no way you can retrieve it.
A lot of information is gathered about Twitter users as they use the service. Here are all the things the company gets to know:
Basic Account Details: Name, username, email address, phone number, and password are all recorded.
Contact Details: Users who synch there address or contacts with Twitter will be giving the company details of everyone they know.
Additionally, any user who sends an email to Twitter will find any contact information, and the contents of this will be recorded. They can be used by Twitter in the future.
Payment Details: Any payments which are conducted by services owned by Twitter, all the details such as card, billing address, and any other relevant details are stored. Twitter does allow users to have these removed if they desire.
Location: Tweets that give you location is recorded. The company can build up a profile of your movements if you actively Tweet this way.
Some users may not worry about this, but others find Twitter uses this for advertising, or they can share it with third parties, they use this as the reason they decide to delete their account.
Downloading Your Twitter Account
Many users wish to download all their information from their Twitter account before deleting Twitter. Here are the simple steps to do so.
- Head to twitter.com and log in with your username and password.
- In the top-right corner of your browser, click on your profile picture, followed by “Settings and privacy.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Request your archive.”
- Twitter notifies you it has received a request and sends an email when the archive is ready to download.
- Follow the email link to download your Twitter archive.
How to Delete Your Twitter Account
Twitter does allow users to use a username or email address on a new account. This is straightforward, and the option to do so is under “Settings and Security.”
Select a new username and change your email in the address box. Click save changes and enter the password at the prompt. Confirm the new email using the link.
Email and username are available for a new account if you sign up in the 30 days grace period. You can also restore your account within 30 days if you delete your account by mistake.
Here are simple steps on how to delete a Twitter account:
- Navigate to twitter.com and Log In using your Twitter username and password.
- In the top right of your browser, click on your picture and then click Settings and privacy.
- Scroll to delete your account permanently, and at the bottom, click “Deactivate my account.”
- Read all of the information on the page, and then tap Deactivate.
- Enter your password and click “Deactivate account” to confirm you wish to delete your account permanently.
Securing Internet Privacy
You may look at how to close Twitter account and change your mind. You may deactivate and find yourself reactivating your account inside the 30 days. You may even finish with Twitter altogether.
No matter which route you take, you should beef up your internet security and privacy. The best way to do this is to use a VPN.
The social platform will no longer be able to track your position, and a good VPN will make you safer in countless other areas while online.