There are a few reasons people might want to change the country for their Google account, but the main ones are the number of different apps, games, Google Play movies and TV shows that can be made available.
It is possible to do by following the official way, but this can be very restrictive for a couple of reasons:
You are only allowed to change your country once per year
If you change your country in Google Play, you are not able to use your Play balance to make any Google payments in your old country.
Here, we will look at how you can change your country easier than following the conventional way. But first, here is the usual way you would change your Google Play Country
Official Way to Change Google Play Country
Changing the country requires you to set up a new country in Google Play, and to do this, you need to be in that country and have a payment method for your new country.
Here are the steps how to change country in Play Store.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app
- Tap the Menu, and then Account and then Country and profiles.
- Tap the country where you will be adding a new account.
- Follow the instructions to add your method of payment for that country. At this point you might need to change your home address to a new address, phone number and billing address.
- The first payment method needs to be from the country you are adding a new profile for.
- Once you create your new profile, you can add other payment methods from other countries.
- This creates a new Google Payments profile linked to the new country.
- The Google Play Store automatically changes over to the new country.
- It can take up to 24-hours to change country.
On occasion, you might see Google Play Store not working, or there is no option to change a country. This can be for a couple of reasons.
- You might have changed the country in the past 12-months
- You are not in the new country. This will be based on your IP address.
Some users also have problems when trying to change the country. These can be seen here:
Clear cache and data – on your android phone or tablet open the settings
Tap the apps and notifications and then ‘see all apps’
Scroll until you come to Google Play Store and tap
Next, tap on storage and ‘clear cache’ once this has done, tap ‘clear data’
As you can see from the above, it appears to be straightforward to do, but as mentioned, you can only change your country once per year.
Now we will take a look at how to change your Google Play region in a few minutes.
Changing Your Google Play Country the Easy Way
This way enables the chance to change PlayStore country in less time, and you can change backward and forward as you wish. It will though need a VPN changer that will make you appear in another country.
This will change your IP address, so the Google Play Store country will now cause the Play Store app to show content for that region.
There is another advantage of this method when it comes to change Google Play Store. You can do so without the need of a credit card.
One thing to note is that this method will erase your current Google Play Store Account.
Deleting Your Old Account
Google Store keeps all of your information, and this is why you can’t just change to a different Play Store. For this reason, we need to delete your old Play Store Account, so make sure your Google wallet is empty.
Open the settings on your Android device and tap on the ‘Accounts’ icon
Navigate to your Google account and tap on the Google icon
Now, tap the dropdown bar in the RH corner and tap ‘Remove Account’
At this point, your Android phone will give you a reminder you are deleting your account, and it will delete with it, all your messages, contacts and other possible data.
Tap ‘Remove Account’ to proceed and then enter your passcode.
Connecting Using a VPN and Adding New Google Play Info
This is where you need a VPN app for your device. Our recommendation is the Express VPN service because they have VPN apps for a vast range of devices, and always succeed in masking connections to bypass any geo restrictions.
- The Express app has a simple to use interface, so when installed. Use the drop-down and select a country. In this example, we will use the US Play store so all reference will be to Google.com USA.
- When you are connected to a US based server. You can then log back into your Google Play Store app.
- You are asked to ‘Add Your New Google Account.’
- After tapping ‘Next’ enter your Gmail account and password (can take a few seconds)
- Google asks to backup data automatically. Click ‘Next’
- You are asked to enter payment info. You can do so at this stage, or you can tap ‘Continue’ to open the Google Play Store.
- You will now see all new Android apps in the app store, and the currency will change to the location of the VPN server country you selected. In this case US dollars.
- You can change play store as many times as you wish as long as you remember 2 things.
- Always remove the old account first
- Log in again when you have connected to another country using your VPN connection.
After doing this, you can make any Play Store download you want, and the real beauty of this method is that is far easier, doesn’t take 24-hours to change, and you might never see the message ‘Play Store not working,’ and if you do, you can quickly change location and try again.