People love the Fire TV Stick because it allows them to watch their favorite sports, TV shows, videos, and so much more. In addition, you have complete control over what you want to see and what information or apps you don’t want to see with the Firestick.
Furthermore, you may use these excellent applications for firestick to download your favorite apps and watch your favorite celebrity shows or feel the thrill of your favorite sports matches. On the other hand, you can quickly block and delete apps that have previously been installed at any time.
Similarly, if you want to disable YouTube on your Fire TV Stick, you won’t be able to do so without difficulty. On Fire TV, you must erase it.
In our guide, you can learn more about how to block apps on FireStick besides YouTube. (Learn How To Download Sportz TV On Firestick)
How Do I Remove YouTube From My Firestick?
You can use various methods to block YouTube on Firestick, including YouTube uninstall, parental control, and blocking. Access to Amazon movies, TV shows, games, applications, pictures, and other products is restricted via these methods.
Only your family or friends will receive the content; otherwise, they will be denied access to these services. After going over a few options, you’ll be able to figure out how to ban YouTube on your Fire Stick.
Uninstall YouTube on Firestick
You can follow the steps here and uninstall YouTube services on Fire Stick.
- Go to your Fire TV device
- Head to settings from the home screen
- Select the application options
- Under Application Options, look for Manage Installed Applications.
- Search for the YouTube application in the search box
- Click on uninstall to remove the app
- Follow any on-screen instructions as YouTube is uninstalled from Fire Stick.
If you cannot block YouTube on fire stick using the above, you may need to contact Amazon customer support.
Delete YouTube App on Firestick
You won’t be able to use YouTube with anyone else in your house once you’ve put it on your Firestick.
If you wish to delete this application completely, however, you must select the option mentioned below.
- To begin, navigate to your Amazon account’s home page.
- Select Amazon Account from the drop-down menu.
- You must now select the option for “My account.”
- After that, you’ll see digital content and devices.
- Select the My Apps option.
- In the list of applications.
- Go to the search box and type in “YouTube.”
- Select YouTube from the drop-down menu.
- You will be asked to take action.
When you select the delete option, you’ll find YouTube entirely removed from your Fire Stick.
Here are quick ways of Blocking YouTube on your Fire TV:
1. Open Amazon Account
- Click on “My Account” in the Amazon Accounts and lists.
- Navigate to digital content and devices on the home screen, then click on “Your Apps.”
- A list of all Apps opens, and you can search for the desired app.
- Click on Action when you find “YouTube.”
- Select “Delete this app.”
- Navigate to Fire TV Home page.
- Click “Settings Menu”
- Click on the “Application”
- Click on “Manage Application”
- Scroll to “YouTube”
- Click “Uninstall”
2. Navigate to My Account Section
- Click on “My Account” from the Settings menu
- Then click on “Syn Amazon Content.”
- Go to the “YouTube Icon” and check the message
- Click on it
- It says You can “download it free.”
- Now, download it, and it will need a pin before users can access YouTube.
Can You Block Apps On Firestick?
Set Parental Controls on Fire TV
Now we’re going to tell you about a way to avoid having to uninstall YouTube from your Fire Stick.
YouTube videos are blocked in the usual manner. The parental control option is another name for this strategy. (Learn How To Watch Verzuz Battle On Firestick)
- Go to the home page of your Fire Stick
- Navigate to the Settings
- Under the Settings option, you’ll see Preferences
- Select parental control
- Enable parental control by entering a PIN you create.
- Apply levels of restriction you want to apply.
- Select the YouTube app and apply parental controls to the app.
Setting Parental Controls to Stop YouTube
- Select Settings from the Fire TV menu.
- Open Preferences.
- Select Parental Controls and press the Select button on your remote to turn parental controls ON.
- Enter or set your PIN if prompted.
- Select Next when done.
Manage parental controls
After setting your PIN, you can manage parental controls.
Purchases: Require your PIN to allow purchases from the Amazon app store.
App Launches: Needs a pin to open installed apps. You can browse for a single app in the Fire Stick Apps menu, but you’ll be prompted to enter a PIN to access any apps or games installed on your FireStick device.
Viewing Restrictions: Block the playback of movies and TV shows based on settings.
Explicit Filter for Amazon Music: Block playback of songs that contain explicit words and phrases.
- Open the Music app.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Toggle explicit filter On or Off.
- Change the Prime Video PIN directly using the Fire TV device.
Blocking YouTube Ads on FireStick Device
The Firestick streaming experience is unquestionably the greatest. The content variety is fantastic, however, there are certain drawbacks to be aware of.
You must watch adverts to help content producers monetize their work in exchange for free content. The same goes for YouTube. Ads are generally considered a minor annoyance.
To be honest, it makes sense. Ads can be rather annoying at times, ruining your streaming experience. But don’t worry. This post will show you how to block YouTube ads on your Firestick. (Learn How To Add Exodus To Kodi On Android)
How Block YouTube Ads
We all know YouTube is the largest free content streaming platform.
Given that most of the app’s content is free, it’s likely that YouTube is ad-supported. YouTube commercials, in particular may be invasive and obnoxious, and you can see why most users want to block them.
You can skip commercials every five seconds, although, with several showing in a single video, it gets annoying.
Here are a few options to block ads and get an ad-free experience:
YouTube understands it has millions of daily users. They know you and many others despise advertisements.
So, you can buy a monthly premium package to avoid this. But you don’t have to. It’s still free to block adverts on Firestick with the YouTube app.
Third-party programs can prevent YouTube advertisements. And we’re not talking about ad blockers. On YouTube, it’s easy to spot.
This program blocks advertising while maintaining the same YouTube user interface. Preparing your device for the app requires enabling apps from unknown sources.
- Go to Settings by pressing the home button on your remote.
- Select My Fire TV from the drop-down Fire TV menu.
- Select Developer options from the drop-down menu that opens.
- Make sure that both ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources are turned on.
Download and install the YouTube Smart TV App.
The first step in installing this adblocker program is to ensure that the “Downloader” app is installed on your Firestick. This app is now pre-installed on the majority of streaming devices.
If you can’t find it, use your remote’s home button to get to the search tool at the top of your screen.
- Search for Downloader, and then download and install it from the results. Give a few minutes before launching it.
- Once the Downloader is open, proceed as follows:
- The Downloader app features an address box, which you’ll notice. To get the cursor to this box, use your remote to scroll to it.
- Once you’ve arrived, type “http://bit.ly/smartyt1” (“Smart YouTube TV” app) into the address bar
- Press Enter.
- The Downloader will then search for the app, and you will receive a notification with an install button shortly after. Give it a few minutes after pressing the Install button.
- Your device will now have the “Smart YouTube TV” app installed.
- To free up space on your Firestick device after installing third-party apps delete the unwanted apk file, and click Done.
- Confirm delete.
Configure Smart YouTube TV
That said, it’s time to start using your Firestick app to block YouTube ads. After all, you can only block background YouTube advertising on Firestick.
Users will be informed that the app will filter out adverts on streaming applications when they first launch the app.
It is critical that you allow this by clicking yes on the initial launch.
The app will then give you to sign in with your Google account or with your browser. If you don’t have time, just hit skip. The app will now take you to YouTube’s home page.
Enjoy the new e Firestick app as you block You Tube ads.
The app does not return you to the YouTube app. Your videos will appear under “Smart YouTube TV.”
This may cause some privacy concerns. That’s why it’s good to be safe.
You don’t want YouTube or Google to see you can block ads on Firestick. To be safem use a VPN for FireStick for use and not just to block YouTube ads. (Learn How To Install ExpressVPN On Kodi)
Alternative to YouTube on FireStick
We will show you how to install YouTube Vanced app on FireStick to block ads.
- Open the Chrome Browser. Go to vancedapp.com website.
- Click Vanced Manager.
- Hit OK.
- Press Open to open the manager.apk file.
- Go to Settings.
- Swipe the toggle to enable Chrome to install apps from unknown sources.
- Click Install.
- Open Vanced Manager right away and click Open.
- If you can’t, then search for “My Files.”
- Go to Downloads.
- Click on the manager.apk file.
- Hit Settings to enable the installation.
- Click the toggle button to Allow allow apps from unknown sources
- Select Install, the third option.
- Open Settings.
- Enable unknown sources one last time.
- Go to Install Youtube Vanced (first option) and click on it.
- Pick a theme and a language and click Install.
- Go to Install for the last time.
- Find YouTube Vanced on your FireStick and open the app.
- Sign in to your YouTube account after launching YouTube Vanced and you will find the app does a great job to block YouTube ads while you enjoy videos.