Mega Download is loved by many, yet there are those times a file download sticks as you have hit your limit.
Mega.nz is a Cloud storage and file-sharing website with over 60 Million users all around the globe.
Mega.nz is used by businesses, students, and others to store or share work and content. You can also use Megasync download to deliver files to multiple devices, which is, unfortunately, another reason you may hit Mega’s download limit quickly.
Mega is popular with plenty of cross-platform support so that you can access Mega.nz from the mobile app, desktop and browser.
The most significant issue for users is they have limited functionality on free accounts.
Here, you can learn all the ways you can bypass the mega download limit. With this, you can add more download quota to your mega account, and carry on downloading without restrictions. (Read all about Lime Torrents)
Steps to Fix Mega.Nz Bandwidth Transfer Quota Exceeded Error
Here you can use these various methods to bypass the Mega “Bandwidth Transfer Quota Exceeded” error.
Increase Data Using Desktop App
When you download the Mega Desktop app from Mega.nz, you can easily download files direct from the Mega server.
After logging in to the desktop app, you can exceed the 4 GB Mega download limit.
- Enable the ‘Transfer with MEGA Desktop App’ toggle, and then click Download
- Click on the ‘Download MEGA App’ button, and you will download the Mega Desktop app to your Windows, Mac or Linux OS.
- Install and launch the app to download
Now you can download unlimited files from Mega without limits
Bypass limits with Mega Downloader and Internet Download Manager
You can use the MEGA Downloader app: https://megadownloader.en.softonic.com (latest version) This offers a front end for access mega.nz and helps bypass Mega’s limits.
- Download, install and run Mega Downloader
- Copy your download link, and the program will automatically catch Mega.nz links to start downloading
If there are folders full of files, this will also work with them.
You can take the Mega Downloader step to another level when you couple it to IDM (Internet Download Manager) to download files faster and without limits from Mega.nz. You can download IDM from here: https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html
Install both programs these use these step-by-step instructions.
- Install IDM if you don’t have it installed already.
- Open MEGA Downloader
- Click the Configuration gear symbol in the top-right corner
- Click “Streaming” and then check “Use streaming server.” Click save
- Select the “Streaming” tab again, and then select watch online
- Copy the link you wanted to download from Mega from your browser and paste into the “MEGA URL link”
- You will see the new link. Copy this and then head back to IDM.
- Click on “Add URL” and paste the copied URL.
- Click on OK to start your download.
Bypass Download Limit with JDownloader
JDownloader has a built-in proxy feature you can use as a workaround for the download limit by Mega so you can download unlimited files.
- Import your proxy into JDownloader
- It is possible to use a free public proxy or navigate to @proxygo to get http proxies.
- JDownloader supports http, Socks4, and Socks4 proxies
- Convert your newfound proxies into an IP format like http://18.104.22.168:8080. Once you’ve imported this, on a Mac, Go to Settings – General Settings. In Windows, navigate to Settings and change:
- Max Chunks for Download: Change to 15
- Max Simultaneous Downloads: Change to 4
You may see some proxies red-flagged by JDownloader. Once you delete these, you can hit start to proceed with your downloads.
It is worth noting. A proxy can mask your IP address for the system, yet it won’t secure your connection as the final method will do.
In reality, it means you can download movies and TV shows without limits, although your IP address will still be visible and you have no security. (Find the Best Torrent Downloader)
Using VPN to Fix Mega Transfer Quota Limit
Use a VPN trick to Fix the Mega Transfer Quota Limit as this is the easiest way you can achieve this. You may think free VPN apps are the solution, although a free VPN won’t offer enough bandwidth to enable you to download multiple files if you have large files.
- Download the Mega.nz Downloader on your PC
- Download, and install a premium VPN service onto your computing device – We recommend ExpressVPN for NZ'ers (SAVE 49% + 3 Months FREE)
- Connect to a fast VPN server location and run your Mega Downloader app
- All you have to do is start downloading your file. Once you approach the bandwidth quota, you open the VPN client and simply select another VPN server.
You can do this as many times as you need on a premium VPN as they offer unlimited server switching and unlimited bandwidth.
It is possible to bypass these limits with a premium mega.nz account, yet a VPN has much more to offer in comparison.
One thing many users overlook is the nature of the video they are downloading. Mega Download has a reputation for hosting files, which are copyright protected. Hence, there is a lot of attention to those services, regardless of how many legitimate users use their services.
Even with the ability to bypass Mega’s download limit when using a VPN. A VPN changes your IP address, and also encrypts your uploads and download data. Because of this, no ISP or government can record any information regarding your online activities.
You are free to use Mega to download anything you wish and be certain no one will record your activities.
If you want to download a lot to your computer or any other device that Mega supports, you can sign up for a VPN and use it like a free trial with their 30-day money-back guarantee. You can check the best security, easy to use features and performance to see if it will be the best working option for you.
Another cool feature is you can add certain VPNs to a router, and thus, you can protect all your devices on your network. Doing this can help download more on another computer without using other methods.