You can have many reasons for wanting to change App store country. Maybe you are moving to another country or region, you are travelling, or there are apps or videos and music not available in your home regions iTunes store.
It may appear challenging to change to a new country, yet it can be straightforward if you want to change app store region and the Apple Store country.
Here, we show you how to change all you have to access new rights reserved content from another iTunes app store. (Read more: How to Hide IP Address)
What Happens When You Change Apple App Store Country?
If you change your country or region app store location, the first thing you will see is that all the apps, games, and other content in the store will be different. Each store comes with additional content depending on the country location.
Before you change your country, you need to spend any credit you have, cancel your subscriptions and have a valid payment method for the new country. You can also lose access to books, movies, TV shows, games, and apps you may have purchased from your old region.
How Can I Download an App from A Different Country?
While you need to change your location settings, once you do this, the store will still see where you are located via your device IP address.
The one most effective way to do this is to use a VPN service. Doing this will change your IP address when you select a server inside another country. From there, you can open the store, and you should see the new content.
Why Can’t I Change My Country or Region on Apple ID?
If you are not in another country, your device may default back to the country you are in. It is here that a VPN service helps you spoof your location.
Here’s all you need about changing your country or region, be it if you are in another country, or you’re using a VPN.
Steps for iPhone & iPad
- Open ‘Settings’ on your device
- Tap your name, and then tap on the iTunes & App Store
- Tap on the Apple ID, and then View Apple ID. (It may ask you to log in if you are not already)
- Tap Country/Region.
- Tap ‘Change Country or Region’. If you still cannot see ‘Change Country or Region’, you may need to contact Apple support
- Tap on the new country or region, enter the new country or region and then review all the terms and conditions
- Next, tap Agree to the top right corner. Tap Agree a second time to confirm
- Select your new payment method then enter the new payment information, billing address, and then tap Next.
Steps on Computer
- Open ‘Music app’ or ‘iTunes’
- In top menu bar or top of iTunes window, click on ‘Account,’ then select ‘View My Account’
- Sign in using your Apple ID, and then click ‘View Account’
- Inside your Account info page, click ‘Change Country or Region’
- Next, in the ‘Select country or region’ menu. Enter your new country or region.
- If you still cannot see ‘Select country or region,’ you may have to contact Apple support
- Review all the terms and conditions, click Agree, and click Agree a second time to confirm
- Add your new iTunes or Apple Music payment method and billing address, before you click ‘Continue’
From Apple ID Account Page
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page
- Scroll down to your Account section. Click on ‘Edit’
- In the Country/Region menu, select the new country or region
- When it asks if you want to change the country or region, click ‘Continue to update’
- Enter a new payment method and a new billing address. Click Save.
You need to enter a new payment method for all the above methods for your new country or region.
How Do I Change My Apple ID Country Without Payment?
Here are the steps you can follow to change your country without using a credit card.
- Launch ‘Settings’ from the Home screen of your device
- Tap on ‘iTune & App Store’
- Tap on ‘Apple ID’
- Tap on ‘View Apple ID’
- Log in or authenticate with Password or Touch ID, if it asks you to do so
- Tap on ‘Country/Region’
- Choose ‘United States’ or another region you wish to access
- Tap ‘Next’
- Tap ‘Agree,’ here you will consent to Apple’s terms and conditions
- Enter or ‘Skip’ any payment details, just select ‘None’
- Use any random name, street, city and Phone number. State and Zipcode need to match with each other. (Example: State AZ – Arizona, Zip 85286)
- Tap to continue to your new country or region.
Using a VPN for this makes it much easier to change your country. Make sure to install a VPN to your device and select a server inside a new country before you access any browser or app store in the new country or region.
Your device and the store will think you are in a different location. Now you can check out all the additional content from the iTunes store by quickly changing your Apple ID country or region.