AVG is a well-known brand of antivirus software and applications. VPNs for smartphones and smart devices were introduced in 2015. The AVG mobile category for VPN is one of the best VPNs for Firestick.
The VPN has over 1 million users worldwide and has all the common features that you can expect from a standard VPN. However, installing the streaming VPN on the device isn’t as easy as downloading it from Amazon’s app store.
Luckily, in our guide, you can quickly learn how to install this third-party app, AVG for FireStick.
By the end, you’ll know more about how to have Amazon Fire Stick antivirus and VPN for complete security. (Read Best Build For Kodi 17.6 Firestick)
Can You Install AVG VPN On FireStick?
The Amazon App Store does not have AVG VPN. Instead, it would help if you used any of the third-party installers. The best third-party installer for Firestick is Downloader, so use that to install the VPN.
Prepare Firestick to Install AVG VPN
Because you’re using third-party installers, you’ll need to tweak the Firestick’s settings. From the Firestick’s home screen, run the command below.
Settings – My Fire TV or Devices – Developer Options – Apps from Unknown Sources – Click Turn On.
- Select the Lens symbol from the menu.
- To find it, type Downloader into the search box.
- From the Apps & Games section, choose the Downloader app.
- To download the app, click the Download or Get icon.
- To use the program, click the Open icon after downloading it.
- Now type https://bit.ly/3d8wnGc in the Search window to get the AVG VPN download link.
- To begin, press the Go button.
- Click the Install button once the VPN has been downloaded.
- Click the Done button once the VPN has been installed.
- To delete the AVG VPN APK file, hit the Delete button on the following pop-up.
- Now go to the Apps section and select AVG VPN.
- Sign in with the subscription account and open the VPN.
What Is The Best Free VPN For Firestick?
Here is what you can expect to find from a VPN on your Amazon Fire TV device.
- What is a VPN? The data you upload and download from the internet and any data you transfer from your device are encrypted and protected by a Virtual Private Network (VPN). It also anonymizes your online activity on your Firestick device.
- How Does a VPN Work? A VPN service protects you from data theft by securing your public/open Wi-Fi connections from your Firestick device with a virtual encryption tunnel.
- When you use AVG Secure VPN Proxy, your internet connection appears to originate from a different virtual location, allowing you to browse privately and anonymously.
- Changing your IP address (virtual location) with our VPN proxy servers allows you to view geo-restricted material.
- AVG Secure VPN & Proxy for Android protects your identity and information when you’re connected to the Internet.
How To Install Free VPN On Firestick?
Third parties, such as internet service providers (ISPs) and copyright trolls, are prevented from prying on your streaming activity using good VPN apps.
Your IP address is hidden by a VPN on your Firestick, allowing you to watch Kodi and IPTV broadcasts anonymously. The best VPNs unblock even geo-restricted TV shows, movies, and live sporting events. (Learn How To Install Venom Tv On Firestick)
The following are the best free VPN apps for Fire TV Stick:
- Windscribe Free: The best VPN for Firestick unlocks Netflix libraries and BBC iPlayer.
- ProtonVPN Free: The only VPN for Fire TV Stick offers unlimited bandwidth.
- Hide.me Free: The fastest free VPN for Firestick. Very secure and excellent for Kodi streams based on peer-to-peer (P2P).
A premium VPN will provide significantly more than those above. For example, a premium streaming VPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and its Fire TV program unblocks a variety of streaming apps, including US Netflix.
While you may not want to pay for a VPN, you should know that many free VPNs are secure, and some are even dangerous. In addition, many free VPNs are incompatible with Firestick.
The VPNs here are 100% free, fast, and secure. On Fire TV devices they’re also simple to set up.
However, all free Firestick VPNs have limitations and rarely offer the same features. For example, they either limit data consumption or prohibit P2P broadcasts because they can’t unblock streaming apps like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
In other words, free Firestick VPN apps do not compare to the best premium Firestick device VPNs such as AVG VPN.
In addition, you’ll find the same with Free Antivirus apps; these offer cut-down features compared to a full Antivirus app.
Do I Need VPN for Fire TV Stick?
- Netflix, DAZN, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer can be unlocked using a good VPN on Fire TV Stick.
- A VPN on your Fire TV Stick will hide your IP address and keep you anonymous online.
- So your ISP won’t see your true IP address, which can be essential if you use Kodi or IPTV apps on Firestick to watch videos.
- Sadly, the 1st version of Firestick cannot install a VPN directly. So we recommend a 2nd or 3rd generation Firestick.
How To Set Up a Free VPN on My Firestick?
If the VPN service provides a Fire OS native app, setting up a free VPN on your Fire TV Stick is a breeze.
For example, you may install Windscribe or Hide.me from the Amazon app store directly onto your Firestick in just a few minutes.
Installing a free VPN onto Firestick
- Go to the Amazon App Store and look for the VPN on your Firestick home screen.
- The Firestick App Store
- To install the free VPN, click the ‘Get’ button (and if needed, confirm by entering your Amazon account passcode).
- When installed, open the free VPN and log in with your credentials (if prompted).
- Select a VPN server location and click the ‘Connect’ button.
- Locations of Windscribe VPN servers on Firestick
- Open any other app on your Fire TV device once connected to the VPN server.
Sideloading Free VPN on FireStick
But what about free VPNs that aren’t available on the Fire TV Stick? These VPNs can be used on your Fire TV Stick, but they will be more difficult. (Learn How To Jail Break Firestick)
The best option is side-loading a VPN’s APK file onto your Firestick in these cases. ProtonVPN provides a compatible APK file.
- From the Firestick home screen, select ‘Settings.’
- For the Firestick settings menu, choose ‘Device.’
- Toggle on ‘Debugging’ and ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ under ‘Developer Options.’
- Return to the ‘System’ menu and select ‘About,’ then ‘Network.’
- Look for the ‘Downloader App’ on your Firestick and install it.
- Start ‘Downloader’ and type in the URL for your VPN’s APK file. For example, the APK download link for ProtonVPN is http://github.com/ProtonVPN/android-app/releases/latest.
- You’ll be prompted to install the VPN software after the APK download is complete. Alternatively, go to ‘Downloader’ and select download for the APK file.
- Launch the VPN after it has been installed and log in.
- Select a server location and press the ‘Connect’ button.
- Once you’re connected, you can select apps and use the VPN as usual.
You can delete the APK after the installation as it’s not worth leaving unnecessary files on your FireStick device as they waste space.
Does Avast VPN work on Firestick?
Here you can find how to install AVG Secure VPN on Your Fire Stick
Go to the Apps section on the home screen to find the AVG Secure VPN Fire Stick app.
When you discover AVG Secure VPN – Unlimited VPN & Proxy server, scroll through the listed apps and select Get.
Option One: How to Download AVG Secure VPN Using Search:
Launch your Fire Stick.
Navigate to the top menu and select the search icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
In the search bar, type AVG Secure VPN. (Some suggestions may be shown, from the drop-down, select “AVG Secure VPN – Unlimited VPN & Proxy server.”
Select “Get” or “Download” (You may see the Download button if you have downloaded AVG Secure VPN previously).
Wait for the download to complete before selecting Open to launch the AVG Secure VPN application.
Option Two: Sideload AVG Secure VPN app on your Amazon FireStick / Fire TV
These devices run a heavily customized version of Android so that you can install Android apps. Not only can you install software that is not available through the official Amazon store, but you can also use an APK file to install it.
Many games and apps are intended for a touchscreen, not a remote; therefore, Fire TV devices may not completely support all Android apps.
- Hover over the “Find” option on your device’s home screen.
- Select “Search.”
- Search for “Downloader.” Choose the Downloader app.
- Return to your device’s home screen, and select Settings – My Fire TV – Developer Options – Install Unknown Apps once Downloader has been installed.
- The Downloader app will appear. Select it, and this will enable side-loading on your device by turning on “Unknown Sources” for your Downloader app.
- Launch the Downloader app. A pop-up appears asking if Downloader has permission to access device files.
- Select “Allow.”
- A “Quick Start Guide” pop-up will appear. Select “Ok” from the drop-down menu.
- An URL area opens. Place your cursor in the URL area and press the OK button on your remote control.
- Click “Go” and type the following URL exactly as it appears here: https://7techgirl.com/apk/273159 OR https://7techgirl.com/cid/273159.
- The apk file for AVG Secure VPN – Unlimited VPN & Proxy server will start downloading. Wait for the AVG VPN file to complete downloading.
- On the next box, click “Install” after AVG Secure VPN has been downloaded. The AVG Secure VPN – Unlimited VPN & Proxy server APK has been installed on your device.
- You may be prompted to delete the installation file to free up space on your device when the download is complete. To delete the file, select “Delete.”
- The installed AVG Secure VPN – Unlimited VPN & Proxy server program is now found under – Apps & Channels – AVG Secure VPN – Unlimited VPN & Proxy server.
Click open to launch the AVG VPN app, click the gear icon to access the VPN settings.
The AVG VPN app can stop your internet service provider from throttling connections or seeing your internet activity, and you can also gain access to overseas geo-restricted streaming platforms. (Learn How To Download Covenant On Firestick)
The VPN works to give you full internet connection security as you stream or use Google from your device using Wi-Fi hotspot shield security.