Kodi (formerly XBMC) is a home media centre app that allows you to watch movies and TV shows, among other items.
On its own, the Kodi app can’t do much. Its add-ons are what allow you to access an endless amount of media.
Since Kodi is 100% free and open-source, unlike other similar platforms, it is highly customizable.
Kodi is the home media platform of choice for power users, thanks to its involved developer community. To build your own customized viewing experience, you can adjust almost any aspect of the app, including themes and backgrounds. (Find the Best Kodi Builds)
To get the best Kodi experience, use a VPN to watch Kodi so that you can enjoy full speed, protection, and privacy.
In our guide, you can learn all you need about how to use Kodi with ExpressVPN, so you stay safe and away from prying eyes. Besides this, you’ll see how a VPN can help you access geo-restricted content.
How Do I Download Express VPN On Kodi?
Any Android Kodi user who wants to watch great movies and shows for free needs a VPN. Finding a successful VPN can be difficult. So, if you’re not on a tight budget and want a secure VPN, ExpressVPN is the ultimate offering. (Read our ExpressVPN Review)
Between your Kodi computer and the internet, ExpressVPN builds a secure encrypted tunnel. This tunnel is encrypted using a military-grade AES-256 encryption protocol, thus preventing your ISP from intercepting any internet traffic and logging, monitoring, or potentially selling your streaming activity.
ExpressVPN keeps no activity or link logs, allowing you to use Kodi as anonymously as possible, thanks to its zero-logging policy.
Install ExpressVPN Kodi Using Dedicated VPN for Kodi App on Windows
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN. (You can learn how to use ExpressVPN using the 30-day money-back guarantee like a free trial)
Step 2: Receive your confirmation email with your login details
Step 3: Download and install the VPN for Kodi client service on your device
Step 4: Enter your login details
Step 5: Select a server location outside of NZ
Step 6: Keep ExpressVPN running on your device as you open Kodi
Step 7: Head to your Kodi add ons and start streaming secure content that no one can see
You can now launch Kodi with ExpressVPN running in the background and access any blocked content you want. If you don’t link to ExpressVPN before starting Kodi, this method will not work.
You can also set up ExpressVPN on your home router if you prefer. You won’t have to think about the need to use ExpressVPN any time you want to start using Kodi with protection from your VPN connection.
Doing this also means you don’t need to use the VPN manager for any configuration when you need a VPN connections for streaming.
How Do I Install ExpressVPN On Kodi Fire Stick?
Express VPN services have launched a new app and website interface. The ExpressVPN Android app is not available for the following devices: First TV Stick (also known as Fire Stick1st generation)
The ExpressVPN Android app is compatible with the following devices:
- Fire TV (all versions)
- FireStick (2nd generation onward)
You can get the ExpressVPN Android app on your Fire system in two ways. You can do the following:
Download the ExpressVPN app direct from the Amazon Appstore
Download the ExpressVPN APK (Only recommended only you can’t download the ExpressVPN app from the Amazon Appstore)
Note: If you’d like to stream content from a particular country on your Amazon device, make sure your connected VPN servers and Amazon account (which only applies to Amazon Prime) are set to the same country. (Find the Best NZ VPN)
Under Your Account > Your Content and Devices > Preferences > Country/Region, you can change your Amazon country setting.
Download the ExpressVPN for Kodi Android app
- On your Fire device, head to the Search function and search for ExpressVPN.
- Search for “ExpressVPN” in the store.
- Select the ExpressVPN app.
- Select “ExpressVPN.”
- Select Download, then wait for your download to complete.
- Select “Download.”
If you need any help with this, you have 24/7 customer support from Express VPN for Kodi.
Download the ExpressVPN APK
If you need to download the ExpressVPN for Kodi APK because you can’t get the ExpressVPN app from Amazon, you can use the steps here to contact customer support for a direct link to the APK file. You will need a third-party app, and here we will use the Downloader app to do so.
- On your Fire device, navigate to Settings – My Fire TV – Developer Options.
- Toggle “Apps from Unknown Sources” to on.
- Navigate to the search, and search for the “Downloader” app.
- Select “Download” to get the Downloader app.
- Click on Allow to let Downloader access your photos, media, and files.
- Select OK to proceed.
- Enter the URL and download the ExpressVPN APK.
- Select Install and complete your installation.
Activate the ExpressVPN Android Device App
No matter which method you used to get your Kodi ExpressVPN app, you need to use these steps to activate the app before using ExpressVPN.
- Use your device remote and select Sign In.
- Use your remote and enter the email and password to your ExpressVPN account.
- Select Sign In, and the app will activate.
- The client app will ask if you’d like to share anonymous information and help make ExpressVPN faster and improve reliability. Click on your preference before continuing.
- Select “OK” to proceed and set up ExpressVPN.
- When it asks to accept ExpressVPN connection requests, select OK.
How Do I Install VPN Addon On Kodi?
You can choose to use a VPN for Kodi using the built-in VPN add-ons. By doing this, your Kodi internet traffic passes via your VPN connection.
Here’s how you use a VPN using Kodi add-ons:
- Start Kodi
- From the home screen, navigate to “Add-ons”
- Click “Download” and then on “Program add-ons”
- You’ll see a list of various add-ons. Here, you can select an add-on that works with your VPN provider.
- Rather than a separate Kodi add-on for your VPN provider, you can install the Zomboided VPN manager for Kodi from the repository
- Select install from repository
- Install either the Kodi VPN add-on or Zomboided VPN add-on for Kodi
- Open the add-on
- Click on configuring your VPN
- Enter your login details click on Activate.
You will now be able to use Kodi and stay secured with your VPN.
How Do I Install ExpressVPN On Mxq Pro 4k?
ExpressVPN is among the best VPN service providers there are. You can use this VPN to secure your online browsing (with browser extensions) along with bypassing geo-restrictions on your favourite websites or streaming services like Netflix.
If you own an Android TV Box, like the MXQ Pro or Mi Box, you’ll wonder if it’s possible how to use Kodi box with the ExpressVPN app. Here you can find how to install ExpressVPN on Android TV Box or a Kodi Box setup.
How to Install ExpressVPN on Kodi Android TV Box
There are two ways to set up ExpressVPN on an Android TV Box. The first use Google Play Store.
- Head to the ExpressVPN website and sign up for a VPN service
- Start your Android TV Box
- Launch the Google Play Store app
- In the search box, type in ExpressVPN
- Search for ExpressVPN
- Click OK to “Install”
- Wait for the download and installation process to complete
- Once the ExpressVPN app has installed on your Android TV Box, click “Open”
- Log in to the app using your ExpressVPN details
- Connect to a VPN server from the connected servers list. Now, you have encrypted Internet traffic, and your online location for your Android TV Box is spoofed.
No matter which you have, be it Windows, Express VPN Kodi setup, Android devices, or others. ExpressVPN delivers the fastest streaming speed of any VPN for any location on the internet. It offers best-in-class security for users once installed and is simple to use.