The Amazon Fire TV Stick, Firestick, and Fire Cube are cost-effective and straightforward methods to turn any TV with an HDMI port into an Internet-connected streaming device.
Unfortunately, much of that streaming media material is geo-locked, meaning you need to install a VPN on your Amazon Fire Stick to access your usual services or even protect you from cyber threats.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) can “spoof” your location. With this, it makes you appear to content providers you are in another country or region. It encrypts all of your internet traffic and routing it through an intermediate server in a location of your choosing.
Using this, you can now access more streaming services on your FireStick, such as the following streaming services: the US or UK Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, HBO, and more.
Many big VPN providers now have apps specifically designed for Amazon Fire TV, which you can find and install right from the Fire TV home screen. Unfortunately, if your VPN service doesn’t have a Firestick app, you’ll have to develop a workaround.
Luckily, in our guide, you can learn how to enable apps from unknown sources to access the developer options to install Android apps that shouldn’t be. (Learn How To Install Peloton App On Firestick)
By the end, you’ll install the best file manager for the job and then install apps for your VPN that all VPN apps are built upon, and then easily access streaming apps.
How Do I Add OpenVPN to Firestick?
Allow Unnamed Sources — that is, apps that aren’t available on Amazon’s App Stores – to be enabled. First, install the software that you’ve downloaded. Then, install OpenVPN and install mouse toggle.
Create a VPN account Download OpenVPN and set up Open VPN so that you can connect automatically.
However, there is more to it than this, so here is more about what you need to know.
A VPN connection is required for Firestick to access anything without restrictions securely.
OpenVPN is a multi-award-winning VPN service based on open-source code. It’s a full-featured VPN to ensure security through transparency. Above all, you won’t have to pay a lot of money to use
OpenVPN on Firestick.
Besides this, OpenVPN is the backbone of most other internet service providers on the market, thanks to its secure and scalable communication systems available.
OpenVPN app comes in two flavors: business VPN app and consumer VPN app, so you can pick the best to meet your needs. (Learn How To Install FreeTelly For Android)
Before you install OpenVPN, there are a few things to have in place or ways you can do it.
You can easily install the VPN app on your Firestick using these methods.
- Using the Downloader app
- ES File Explorer is a program that allows you to browse your files.
These are the two ways to get OpenVPN installed on your Firestick.
To download and use OpenVPN on your Firestick/ Fire TV, your Firestick (or Fire TV) must meet the following prerequisites.
- From Settings, enable ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Mouse Toggle for Firestick should be installed. Unfortunately, OpenVPN isn’t very remote-friendly.
Continue to download OpenVPN on FireStick and install the Fire TV app using the rest of these installation processes.
Because you enable ADB debugging and Unknown sources, it is vital to understand that you are vulnerable without an OpenVPN account or another VPN Service on your device.
Why Use OpenVPN on FireStick?
While it is not required, using a VPN connection to use FireStick securely is highly advised. You desire complete safety and no dangers, as well as access to prohibited content, yet with OpenVPN on FireStick, you can take this to a higher level.
Luckily, OpenVPN has all you need because many VPNs will not work well on a FireStick.
The VPN will allow you to appear in a different country. It uses a variety of servers to change your IP address and thus bounce your location.
Because streaming services are notorious for limiting access based on geography, using a VPN will allow you to enjoy FireStick no matter where you are — for example, you can watch American Netflix shows at home, so long as you have a Netflix account.
Now, not every VPN will meet your needs or offer the best connections. Besides this, as we have seen, some of them aren’t compatible with FireStick, while others work well.
You want to know where your private server is located, so if you want to view American series and movies, you’ll need an American IP; therefore, you’ll need further study on which VPNs work on FireStick, Smart TV, or an Android device or which Android app meets all your needs.
Can I Install VPN on Amazon Fire Stick?
It is possible to install VPN on an Amazon Firestick using either Google Play Store or Amazon App Store. (Learn How to Install XBMC Hubwizard)
The first way to install the OpenVPN application on FireStick or Fire TV is using the Downloader app. Downloader is the best download manager for installing many apps such as OpenVPN on FireStick or FireTV.
- Power on your Firestick.
- Tap on the Search icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Search for the Downloader application to install Downloader on FireStick
- You can directly install the application on your Firestick by clicking the Install button.
Once the application finishes downloading, open the app on your FireStick and continue with the guide below.
Open Downloader App
- Click Open to run the application.
- You can see a specified field to enter the source code by opening the app for the first time.
Enter URL or Source Code
- In the search bar, tap on the box and enter the URL https://bit.ly/2mf6zU8 for OpenVPN.
- Click the Go button to start the downloading process.
- Wait for some time and allow the app to get downloaded on your Firestick or Fire TV device.
Install The Application
- Once the app gets downloaded, scroll down to the bottom and click to install the OpenVPN application on your Firestick.
- Don’t forget to delete the OpenVPN APK file, as you won’t need it any longer. Deleting the APK file saves space on your Firestick.
- Congratulations, you have successfully installed the OpenVPN on your Firestick using the Downloader app.
After installing OpenVPN, you can start using the application by logging in with VPN username and password. If you can’t use the downloader app, proceed with the following method.
How Do I Download And Install OpenVPN?
We are using ES File Explorer to install OpenVPN on Firestick in this method. Using ES File Explorer offers one of the more powerful file managers, using which we can also download VPN apps on FireStick.
- Power on your Firestick.
- Tap on the Search icon at the top left corner of the Fire TV Home Screen.
- Search for the ES File Explorer app from the Amazon App Store.
- Click Download ES File Explorer to install the application for your Amazon Fire TV stick.
- Open the ES File Explorer app and click on the Tools menu.
- Tap on the Download Manager option.
- Click on the +New icon.
- Now, enter the URL https://bit.ly/2mf6zU8 in the specified field and click OK.
- Once the file gets downloaded, it will install OpenVPN on FireStick to log in with your username and password to access the application.
You have successfully downloaded the OpenVPN app on Firestick using the ES File Explorer.
If you open ES File Explorer or can’t search for it, double-check you have “enable unknown sources” enabled first.
How Do I Get Private VPN On My Firestick?
How to install VPN on Firestick will be the last step after you install OpenVPN on FireStick.
To use the OpenVPN software on Firestick, you’ll need a Mouse Toggle app as the design of the OpenVPN app wasn’t made with a remote in mind on the Fire TV Stick.
- Open the OpenVPN app from your Firestick’s MY TV & APPS area on the home screen.
- Namely Private Tunnel, Access Server, and OVPN profile will be three settings available inside the app’s main screen.
- Double-click the play & pause button to launch your Mouse Toggle program.
- If you a’ve got an OpenVPN account, select Private Tunnel, then enter your email address and password.
- On the same page, it’s also possible to create a new OpenVPN account. Again, choose the plan that best suits your needs.
- Finally, connect to a VPN server on your Firestick to access local streaming services.
Using the Mouse Toggle app, you can use the OpenVPN software on your Firestick. Remember that if you don’t have the Mouse Toggle app, you can’t open OpenVPN on FireStick or OpenVPN Fire TV and use it. (Learn How To Get Australian Channels On Kodi)
Here you can find the benefits of OpenVPN on FireStick.
- You may access network resources more securely than ever before with OpenVPN on Fire TV.
- It hides your device’s IP address and encrypts data.
- Online and cyber dangers will not affect your data, device, or network.
- Your network and device will remain secure using OpenVPN’s Private Tunnel VPN.
- OpenVPN can be used for various purposes and can be accessed via traditional servers, virtual devices, and the cloud.
- It has 256-bit encryption and third-party plugins that can be used to augment it.