Venom is a popular Kodi add-on that allows you to stream premium movies and TV shows. It comes with Trakt. tv compatibility, full library integration, a detailed YouTube section, a Debrid cloud manager, and more.
The Venom addon has now been updated to be compatible with Kodi 19 Matrix and Kodi 18 Leia.
Kodi runs on a wide range of Android, iOS, Windows, and more devices, so following this guide means you can learn how to install Venom TV addon using this Kodi installation guide.
What is Venom Kodi Add-on?
One distinct feature of this addon is Venom won't work without a Real Debrid account, All Debrid account, or Premiumize.
Here are some of the new changes in the latest version of Venom Kodi addon.
The UpNext addon has been removed and replaced by a new “PlayNext” skin, managed internally. Controlled options can be found in the TVShows setting category, or if you need more information, see the help file in the settings category.
The dependent on addon signals has also been removed. These can be safely removed if you have no other additions that require them.
Fixed a player issue where items were not always marked as watched.
Venom Kodi Features
- Exodus fork and menu style with multiple sources.
- Open Scrapers released a scraper set.
- ResolveURL provides a resolver set.
- Supports torrents that have been cached
- Removed all superfluous playlists and bloated features
- Similar to Seren, Up Next integration allows you to play the next episode easily.
Venom Kodi Sections
After installing the addon like Venom and synching up the Kodi addon to syncing with your Trakt account, you’ll see the following sections come with the video add ons:
- Movies, My TV Shows, New Movies and New Episodes
- My Movies, TV Shows, and Recently Aired
- Search, Tools, News, and Info
- Change Log
What Repository is Venom In?
Before you even reach the stage to install from zip file and install Venom Kodi addon, you need to make sure you can install third-party addons as these are blocked by default.
To get your Kodi ready to install Venom Kodi addon, you can follow these steps to enable Unknown Sources in Kodi.
- Navigate to the Kodi Settings. (Click the gear icon in the top-right of the home screen)
- Click System
- Select Add-ons to the left side of the next window. Click on addon
- Jump to the right while you have Add-ons selected and Select Unknown Sources.
- Toggle Unknown Sources to ON. If already enabled, don't click it.
- Since you are changing security settings, you’ll get a warning. Click Yes to continue and install the Venom Kodi addon onto Kodi 19 Matrix.
You are now ready to install the Venom Kodi addon and access the best movies, and TV shows the addon offers.
Add The Venom Source to Kodi
To begin, you need to add a link to the source of the Venom Kodi addon. Once you have this, then you can download the repository zip file onto Kodi.
- Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen to open the main menu.
- Select File Manager.
- Press Add source.
- Select None, type this link exactly is the top box: https://123venom.github.io/
- Highlight the box below. Now you add a media source; you need to enter a name for this media source. Call it venom.
- Click OK, go back to the home screen, ready for the next step.
Install Venom Repository
The repository installs and updates the add-on; let’s use our new source to download the Venom repo.
- Navigate to the Settings menu and select Add-on browser
- Select Install from zip file. Select Yes if using Kodi 19+, and you receive a zip pop-up warning.
- Now select venom.
- Click on repository.venom-x.x.zip to download and install the repository.
Installing Venom Add-On
Now we’ll use the repo and download and install Venom addon.
- Select Install from repository.
- Click on Venom Repo.
- Select Video add-ons.
- Now select Venom.
- Click OK or the Install button.
Along with the add-on, you'll see a list of dependencies that must be installed. To continue, press OK and wait for the process to complete.
Return to the Home Screen, and on the Add-ons tab, you'll find a shortcut to Venom. We have Venom installed on Kodi, but we still need to authenticate a Debrid account for the add-on to identify sources and stream content.
Authorizing Real Debrid with Venom
Like all other Kodi addons, Venom is best used with Real Debrid addons for the best performance.
Premium accounts offer unrestricted access to various file hosts and cached-torrents that improve the availability of sources for speed, quantity, and quality.
Here you can see how to link the Real Debrid addon to get this premium access.
- Go to My Accounts and select on it.
- Select the Debrid Accounts tab and then Real-Debrid > Authorize.
- Make a note of the authorisation code.
- Visit https://real-debrid.com/device in a web browser and enter the authorisation code. (You must be logged into your Real Debrid account to use this feature.)
- Write this connection a name; we'll set it Venom for the venom Kodi addon. Press Continue with that name.
- Return to Kodi. Your user name should now appear in the Real Debrid section. To continue, click OK.
Now you can use Venom Kodi addon to stream content. To find movies or TV shows, go to Venom's main menu.
Try allowing premium scrapers on FenomScrapers if Venom doesn't return any results after authorising Real Debrid.
Select Premium Hosters in the FenomScrapers Module, then Enable All Hoster Providers and OK.
When you use cached torrents, your device won't connect directly to the peer-to-peer network; instead, Real Debrid will collect the files from their servers and let you download them normally with the Venom Kodi addon leading the way.
Use VPN for Venom Kodi
Before streaming with Venom Kodi addon or any addons or builds to discover Movies, TV Shows, My Movies, My TV Shows, Search, Tools, Premium News and Info, and more, you need to be aware your IP address can be clearly seen.
Your ISP and government can see everything you stream with Kodi addons; thus, streaming copyrighted content such as free movies, TV shows, live TV, and sports could get you in legal trouble.
Fortunately, we have the solution to keep all streaming activity hidden from your ISP and the government.
All you need is a good premium Kodi VPN. A VPN hides your real IP address from view. Now, you will avoid online surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
Once a premium VPN is installed, you'll find they work with a wide range of devices, and users use them all the time with Kodi to avoid detection.
Before streaming streams on Kodi, users can follow these simple steps and get your VPN streams protection.
Step 1: Sign up for a premium VPN. Most offer a 30-day money-back guarantee as standard. You can try them free for 30 days, so you can get a full refund if you aren't happy with the results.
Step 2: Download and install your VPN app on your streaming device.
Step 3: To connect to a VPN server, click the Power button of your installed VPN.
Installing Kodi VPN on Fire TV devices is simple with the steps below.
Step 4: Sign up for your VPN if you haven't already.
Step 5: Navigate to the home screen of the Fire TV Stick or Android TV.
Step 6: Click Find, and search on the drop-down option.
Step 7: In the search field, type the name of your VPN and select it once it shows.
Step 8: Select “Download” from the drop-down menu.
Step 9: Launch the VPN app and log in with your details.
Step 10: To connect to a VPN server and click the Power symbol.
Your Android TV or Firestick, or even your mobile devices and computer, will have full protection when you use the Kodi Venom addon or any other Kodi addons from the file manager.