The Doom Patrol was a smash hit on the DC Universe, and for a while, it was this streaming service that the show had its home.
There were 2 seasons, the first with 15 episodes and the second season of the Doom Patrol with 9 episodes. The group of super-powered misfits should be back for season 3.
Streaming was done via the DC Universe; however, things changed, and all the DC content has now been transferred to HBO Max.
In our guide, you can learn more about the show and how you can now watch DC's Doom Patrol online. By the end, you can watch the superhero show like no other. (Learn How to Watch HBO NZ)
Doom Patrol Cast and Show Episodes
- Diane Guerrero – Crazy Jane
- April Bowlby – Elasti-Girl
- Matt Bomer – Larry Trainor
- Brendan Fraser – Cliff Steele
- Timothy Dalton – Chief / Dr Niles Caulder
- Joivan Wade – Cyborg …
- Riley Shanahan – Robotman
- Matthew Zuk – Negative Man
Season 1 Doom Patrol Episodes
- Episode 1 – Pilot – The reluctant heroes of the Doom Patrol – Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Woman, and Crazy Jane face Mr Nobody, who’s after The Chief.
- Episode 2 – Donkey Patrol – The Doom Patrol investigates the donkey and discovers another universe.
- Episode 3 – Puppet Patrol – The gang head to Paraguay and discover the Nazi doctor that created Mr Nobody.
- Episode 4 – Cult Patrol – Willoughby Kipling needs the Doom Patrol to help avert the end of the world.
- Episode 5 – Paw Patrol – Episode 6 – Doom Patrol Patrol
- Jane, Larry, and Rita visit where the original Doom Patrol retired. Meanwhile, Cliff & Vic bond with father issues.
- Episode 7 – Therapy Patrol – The team takes some in some self-led group therapy
- Episode 8 – Danny Patrol – A teleporting street Danny needs help from Niles, yet gets Vic and Larry.
- Episode 9 – Jane Patrol – Jane retreats into her own mind space and deals with a series of her past alter egos.
- Episode 10 – Hair Patrol – Vic and Rita face a dangerous man called The Beard Hunter, who’s trying to find Niles Caulder.
- Episode 11 – Frances Patrol – Larry pays a visit to a long-lost love, and Cliff and Rita head to Gator Country to see his daughter.
- Episode 12 – Cyborg Patrol –
- Episode 13 – Flex Patrol – The Doom Patrol tries to bring back memories and abilities of Flex Mentallo
- Episode 14 – Penultimate Patrol – The Doom Patrol enters to try to save the Chief.
- Episode 15 – Ezekiel Patrol – The Doom Patrol part in the season 1 finale.
Season 2 of The Doom Patrol
- Episode 1 Fun Size Patrol
- Episode 2 Tyme Patrol – Cliff, Jane, and Rita pursue a time-altering doctor.
- Episode 3 Pain Patrol
- Episode 4 Sex Patrol
- Episode 5 Finger Patrol
- Episode 6 Space Patrol
- Episode 7 Dumb Patrol
- Episode 8 Dad Patrol
- Episode 9 Wax Patrol
Where to Watch Doom Patrol?
There are a few options for watching Doom Patrol streaming, yet these are not accessible for fans of the show in New Zealand.
Most ways that you can watch Doom Patrol Episode 1 online, and all the rest require a VPN as they are from overseas streaming platforms.
When the show was on DC Universe, it was easy to use an international credit card, yet if you choose an Australian streaming service such as Binge, you need a local payment method.
You have two main methods; one uses a UK streaming service, and the other from the USA. (Learn American Horror Story Online Streaming)
Watch Doom Patrol on StarzPlay
StarzPlay is the streaming side of the Starz TV network in the USA; however, it has a host of content in certain regions outside the United States.
StarzPlay can be accessed by a wide range of devices, including phones, tablets, Roku, PCs, Android TV, certain Smart TVs, and consoles. You can download the StarzPlay app watch via your browser through the website. StarzPlay costs £4.99 per month, and you get a 7-day free trial to new subscribers.
Payment options are credit card or PayPal, and both should work from New Zealand. You will, however, need a VPN to make the service think you are inside the United Kingdom.
Anyone in the UK can add StarzPlay to an Amazon Prime account and still get the trial once you add the service together with your plan.
Watch Doom Patrol on HBO Max
Currently, the best way you want to go to watch Doom Patrol online is with HBO Max in the USA. You can go through Sky in partnership with the US Network, or you can use a VPN and go direct to the source and access all the HBO Max library rather than a diluted offering.
Sign up for HBO Max
- Head to https://www.hbomax.com/subscribe in a browser
- Fill in the account form, then click Create Account.
- Add your payment option (See Below)
- Select Start Subscription.
- Select Let’s Go, and you can sign in to start HBO streaming in New Zealand.
Pay for HBO Max
For HBO Max streaming in NZ is you need an American credit card. To get around this, use this workaround using HBO Now Gift Cards. (No HBO Max cards)
Here are the steps for using an HBO Now gift card to subscribe to HBO.
- Head to https://www.mygiftcardsupply.com/product/buy-us-hbo-card/ or online retailer to purchase an HBO Now gift card.
- With your card details, navigate to https://subscribe.hbonow.com/gift.
- To redeem your HBO Now gift card, enter the gift card code and a US state and zip code.
- Enter the email address you wish to sign up with, along with your first and last name.
- Once you have entered all your details, navigate to play.hbomax.com.
- Sign in to HBO Max with the email address you provided in the previous step.
Once you do this, you can watch any superheroes you desire besides the Doom Patrol series. Before you do any of this, you need to make sure you have your VPN running and set to a US-based server. (Find the Best VPN NZ)
Once you do this, you can watch all the action as together the band of misfits goes about saving the world, whether they like it or not.