Amazon Fire Stick and TV is one of the many systems supported by Hulu, which makes the platform very accessible. Unfortunately, many users have reported various issues with the Hulu app for Amazon Fire TV / Fire Stick, which is frustrating when using Hulu’s Live TV feature.
If Hulu is not working on your Fire Stick or Fire TV, it is possible that your network connection is unstable or Hulu’s servers run into unexpected problems.
In our guide, you can find out why Hulu keeps freezing on Firestick. By the end, you’ll know enough about how to fix Hulu issues on Firestick and use the same techniques to fix other broken apps and start streaming without problems.
Hulu App Crashing
Before diving in too deep to find out why is Hulu freezing on Firestick, here are a few common reasons you can find that cause issues. (Learn How to Watch Hulu Plus in New Zealand)
Check Hulu Servers
When you have problems with the Hulu app, the first thing you should do is verify the condition of its servers. Then, you’ll be able to tell if the way is on your end or the platform.
You may check the current status of Hulu and the troubles it has encountered in the last 24 hours using third-party tools and websites like Downdetector.
If the servers are down, the best thing you can do is to wait for the technical staff to fix Hulu in your area.
Check Your Fire Stick / Fire TV Is Supported
You may not access Hulu on your Fire TV or Fire Stick. Go to the Help Center and look up Hulu’s supported devices to verify this.
A web browser may work if your device isn’t compatible with the app. However, if you genuinely want to use the Hulu app, you can consider buying a suitable device.
Streaming apps like Netflix and Hulu are sensitive to your Firestick’s Fire OS version. Ensure your Firestick has the latest software.
Your Firestick normally downloads and installs updates when idle, but you may need to check manually. How to do it:
- On the Fire TV Home screen, navigate to Settings.
- Now scroll down to the Device & Software section. Locate the Device or My Fire TV menu on a 2nd-gen Firestick.
- Click Check for Updates on the About page.
- If a new update is available, click Install Update and wait for your Firestick to finish installing it.
- On the Fire TV Home screen, highlight the Hulu app and hit the Menu button on the remote to check for updates.
Re-Login to Your Account
Your user data may have been corrupted when the servers are down, explaining why you can’t access or use the Hulu app. To fix Hulu here, log out of your current session and return after a few minutes to reload your user data.
To sign out of your Hulu account on an Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Hulu app on your smartphone, go to the menu bar, and click your Profile account.
- After that, go to the bottom of the page and click the Log Out button.
- Finally, confirm your decision by clicking Log Out of Hulu on the popup that appears on your screen.
- After 2-3 minutes, log back into your Hulu account and see if the app is again operating on your Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV.
How To Fix Hulu Live TV
When you have issues using Hulu, and live TV in particular, you can try any of these fixes to find out why Hulu not working.
Update Hulu Live on Fire TV Stick
Hulu, like other streaming apps, Hulu updates its apps across all platforms to improve the viewing experience and fix system bugs. (Learn How To Install OpenVPN On Firestick)
To update Hulu on the Fire Stick, follow these steps:
- First, go to the home screen of your Amazon Fire Stick.
- ‘Settings’ is located at the bottom of the page.
- Click ‘Applications’ from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select “Managed Installed Applications” from the drop-down menu.
- Hulu should be chosen.
- Click ‘Update’ if there are any pending updates.
- Restart your device after you’ve updated the app. If the problem was with the old app, you’ll be able to watch all of your favorite shows on Hulu Live.
Check and Reset Internet Connection
Potential causes of Hulu not working on Fire Stick or FireTV Stick include network difficulties.
To cancel out an issue with speed on your internet connection, Hulu requests the following bandwidth requirements: Hulu’s on-demand streaming library requires a minimum of 3 Mb/s (720p) and over 10 Mb/s (1080p).
For live TV channels, the download speed is 8 Mb/s. streams For 4K streaming; you’ll need a connection of at least 16 megabits per second.
If your internet is slow, restart your router to re-establish contact with your ISP. Also, consider upgrading with your internet service provider if your current internet connection plan falls below 3 Mbps, as your Amazon Fire TV stick will always struggle.
Restart Fire Stick
Restarting an Amazon Fire TV Stick is one of the universal techniques to resolve a problem.
This allows your system to reload its resources while removing any issues or glitches. For example, try rebooting your device if Hulu isn’t working on your Fire Stick or Fire TV.
- To restart your Amazon Fire Stick or TV, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Amazon Fire Stick/Settings TV’s menu.
- Next, navigate to the Device & Software section (Select Device or My Fire TV for older versions).
- Finally, press the Restart button using the Firestick remote and wait for your Fire Stick/TV to restart.
- Return to the Hulu app to see if it’s now operational on your device.
Clear Hulu Cache and Data
If Hulu isn’t working on your Amazon Fire device, you can reset Hulu cache and data. For example, Hulu’s data may have been corrupted due to an unforeseen error, causing the app to fail.
Follow these procedures to clear Hulu’s cache and data:
- Open Settings
- Select Applications – Manage Installed Applications
- Clear Hulu – Clear cache and Clear data
- Once done, open the Hulu app and check you can stream without issue.
Note: You’ll need to log in to activate your device since this will erase user settings.
Update the Hulu App
The Hulu app on your Fire TV device could be obsolete, or it could have an underlying problem that causes the platform to crash when you try to load a movie or TV show. To repair this, make sure you have the most recent version of the app installed on your device. This will fix any issues or glitches. (Learn How To Install Aftershock On Kodi)
To update Hulu on your Amazon Fire Stick / Fire TV, follow the steps below:
- First, locate the Hulu app on your Fire Stick/TV home screen.
- Next, select the app on the screen using the remote and click the Menu button.
- Next, select More Info from the options menu and press the Select button.
- Finally, click update to get the most recent version of the app.
- After the update, return to the Hulu app to see if you have the same issue.
Update Your Fire Stick
The operating system on your Fire TV may contain a bug that causes apps like Hulu to crash.
Check for updates for your Amazon Fire Stick/TV to rule out this possibility. It should often do this when in idle mode, yet this isn’t always the case.
Follow the instructions below to upgrade your Amazon Fire device:
- First, go to My Fire TV from your Amazon Fire device’s Settings page.
- After that, go to the About tab and click Check for Updates.
- Finally, click the Install Update button and follow the on-screen prompts to update your device.
- After that, return to the Hulu app to see whether the problem still exists.
Disable Wi-Fi On Other Devices
Excessive devices linked to the internet can potentially cause an internet issuFor example, this may reduce your internet capacity, causing the Hulu app to malfunction and stop working.
To fix the Hulu not working on the firestick problem, consider disabling some Wi-Fi devices to relieve the strain on your internet traffic.
Try using the Hulu app on your Fire Stick after removing some devices from the internet to see if it makes a difference.
Change Wi-Fi to 2.4 GHz
If your Firestick is linked to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network, consider switching to 2.4 GHz if your router isn’t nearby.
While the 5 GHz band can carry a higher capacity, it does not penetrate walls as efficiently as 2.4 GHz transmissions, resulting in network degradation.
Using the 2.4 GHz band improves network coverage while still switching for streaming Hulu on your Fire TV device.
Also, for the best signal strength on your internet connection, place your router as close as possible to your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Reboot Your Router
Your router may be overloaded with network packets, drastically slowing down the download and upload speeds. Rebooting the router can improve network quality. However, a power cycle is recommended to give the router a full reset.
Rebooting the router is doubtlessly the most common fix to get Hulu working on Firestick. Disconnect from the power source for a few minutes and turn off your Fire TV Stick simultaneously.
Ultimate Ways to Fix Hulu Not Working on Firestick
Sometimes you need more drastic action to fix Hulu not working. Here are the main methods for fixing any Hulu problems linked to your device, or you get an error code that regular fixes won’t work with.
Reinstall Hulu App
If the updates don’t work, try reinstalling the Hulu app on your Amazon Fire device. It’s possible that the app didn’t install correctly on your device or that an unexpected issue corrupted some files.
Follow the instructions below to reinstall Hulu on your Amazon Fire TV/Stick:
- First, go to the Amazon Fire TV/Settings Stick’s tab to open.
- Next, navigate to the Applications tab and click Manage Installed Applications from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, find Hulu in the list and select Uninstall from the menu.
- Select restart on your Amazon Fire device and reinstall the Hulu app.
- Return to your account and double-check that the streaming platform works.
Reset FireStick Device.
You can also try restoring your Firestick to the factory defaults when all else fails. Other apps may have changed configurations on your device, or you made some errors in a menu, Hulu then doesn’t work.
Restoring to factory settings will wipe all your data and have your device in the same state as when you received it.
To reset your Fire Stick/TV, check the steps here:
- First, ensure no storage devices are connected to your Amazon Fire Stick. (Note Hulu doesn’t work with some older Vizio models).
- Hold the Back and Right button on your remote to access your options screen for a few seconds.
- Select Continue to uninstall Hulu on your Firestick.
- Reinstall Hulu on your device and check if the problem has been fixed.
Report Issues to Hulu Support
When everything else cannot fix your Fire TV stick, call Hulu’s customer support.
Your account may have a problem that requires help from Hulu’s customer support team to find out why Hulu not working on Firestick. Please include as much detail as possible so Hulu’s customer support can better understand your issue.